My Girlfriend Is 15 & I’m 21. So What?!
[ My Girlfriend Is 15 And I'm 21. So What?! ]
I’m a 21 year old guy and I have a 15 year old girlfriend. I don’t have any plans on marrying her, I just enjoy having girlfriends. Most of my past girlfriends have been that same age. Last year I dated a 19 year old and I didn’t like it. She was too serious and that’s not what I want in a girl. My cousin is giving me a hard time that I have a 15 year old girlfriend. There’s only a 6 years difference between our age and I know people that married and were 10 years apart in age. I see no problem with that. Who is wrong here? I’m tired of hearing it from him and I want him to take me seriously. Age is not important in my book, personality and looks are!
- BEST FRESH
Dear BEST FRESH,
Are you some kind of freak or pervert?! You need to get arrested! That 19 year old wasn’t too serious, it’s you. You, just you, and only you. Take a hint; people your age are more serious than you are. 21 isn’t the time to be running around with an equally (im)mature 15 year old. That was normal – 6 years ago. It’s time to move on, bigger dreams, smarter girls, older girls, and… You get the picture.
When something is freakish and socially unaccepted/looked down upon, there is reason to believe that your problem (yes, it’s a problem) is more than just your liking of younger girls. This problem is probably the result of being chronic self-conscious; you not liking something about yourself. You need to accept yourself the way you are.
The 15 year old girl is just an illusion. She is going to mature and move on to younger and better guys. She is not your first “young girlfriend” but I hope your last. This pattern can only be stopped by you. Your girlfriends body and mind is going through massive hormonal changes. She is going to change physically and mentally. Things and reasons why you like her are probably going to disappear or become less.
Stop wasting your time with girls and get a woman! Maybe women are not your thing?
- How about getting a bunch of dogs? They’re pretty loyal and live long.
- How about finding the cure for cancer? The current leading cancer researchers have their own families and they are probably slowing them down in research.
- How about raising show chickens? Free eggs and the chickens look pretty.
- How about moving in the middle nowhere, building a cabin, and living alone? Sounds like a lifetime of adventures!
- How about not dating girls 6 years younger than you? You can find a cool girl your age, marry her, and spend the rest of your lives together.
It’s your choice, but I’m stilling calling the cops.
PS: You’re wrong.