My Girlfriend Cheated On Me… I Still Love Her
[ My Girlfriend Cheated On Me... I Still Love Her ]
Not too long ago I was in love with this girl. We were together for quite some time; I loved and respected her more than any boyfriend before and since me. I respected that she didn’t want to have sex and I trusted her to the greatest extent. I did everything possible to make her happy. One day she went to a party without me. She went with a couple of friends that we had in common so I had no objections with her going. While she was at the party, she had sex with her ex-boyfriend… — in front of 8 people on a couch! This happened about 2 months ago and I’m still not over her. I see her everyday at school and it absolutely tears me up inside at the mere thought of her. So, you can imagine how I feel when I see her. I’ve tried to get over her by going out partying and having sex with a few of her friends. But nothing is making me feel better! The guy that she cheated on me with is ugly and he uses her for sex. She is in love with him and still has sex with him. He doesn’t even like her, talks shit about her, and spreads personal pictures of her. I’ve beat his ass every time I seen him but I still feel fraked up inside. How can I get over the one that I love? I can never take her back, but I can’t stop thinking about her.
- BROKEN AND DESTROYED
Dear BROKEN AND DESTROYED,
Apparently you didn’t beat the ex-boyfriends ass enough. You still feel like crap, he is still with your ex-girlfriend (also his ex-girlfriend), and he is still using her and spreading personal pictures of her. When an ass beating is done correctly, it should bring you some satisfaction and peace. No, it won’t heal your wounds or change what she did to you, but not seeing her with him and him using her, that will remove insult from injury.
Your wounds are going to take a long time to heal if you don’t keep your time and mind occupied with something or someone fun and interesting. Refrain from thinking about her and avoid crossing paths with her in school and anywhere else. You’re lucky that there is no chance of you and her getting back together again, because you don’t have to make yourself sick thinking of how to fix her and your relationship. She showed her true self to you months into your relationship instead of years; it would have been worse. It’s time to move on.
The road to healing:
- Register your ex-girlfriend’s boyfriend’s first and last name .com for 10 years. On the website write a biography on him and submit the site to Google.
- Take EVERYTHING (inanimate) that reminds you of your ex-girlfriend and bury it all near the place where both of you spent a lot of time together. (Example: Outside of chemistry class, your backyard, outside of Krispy Kreme, and etc.) Do not mark the grave of your failed relationship but do hold a candlelight vigil with family and friends.
- Since you can’t bury ex-girlfriend’s friends, dump them. If you impregnated any of them, I’m sure they’ll find a way to contact you when needed.
- Take up martial arts for self-discipline.
- Focus on other things in life; they are more important than a cheating ex-girlfriend.
It won’t be easy but you will get over it. There are better girls out there for you, don’t waste your time holding on to the past. Almost everyone has experienced heartbreak, and there is life after heartbreak; go live it.